Wednesday, December 2, 2009

LAST BLOG QUESTION!!!!!

I am finding it hard to believe that I have finally reached the last blog question, it means that the semester is basically over. I go home in 7 days for a lovely Christmas break and I am so incredibly excited. It is funny, that this blog question seems so simple, yet it is the hardest for me to answer. I entered this class thinking that I would figure out what I wanted to do - sadly I am leaving more confused than ever and its not because of this class. I have been exposed to so much during my first semester here at American that I have discovered so many opportunities that could lead to possible professional communities that I could join and because of that I have no idea what I want to do. Currently I belong to the community of I don't know and I'm okay with that. That is what college is about -discovering where you fit in this big world.
I am going to use this next semester to explore all possible options. It is funny when you are younger you know exactly what you want to do. There is no doubt in your mind when you say you want to be a singer or a firefighter. There is that determination and somewhere along that way that is lost and options are exposed to you, and the long hard process is revealed and life gets harder.
It is true what they say - you don't appreciate those naps in Pre-K until you no longer have the time to take them and you do not appreciate that enthusiasm until you are doubting the decisions you make. I do not know anyone else, but I would love to go back to Pre-K for a day. That was a great community!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same exact boat as you- the S.S. Confused but Optimistic. This first semester at AU really opened my eyes to options I've never considered. I was also able to eliminate some options, which I found surprising but relieving. I came to American with a solid idea of what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I can't believe I was that stupid/naive. Regardless, I definitely have broadened my horizon about possibilities for future careers. And I'm excited. We finish this first semester shortly and it's hard to believe we only have seven more. In that space, I as well as you, I'm certain, will discover where we belong in this crazy thing called life and it is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually choosing not to take a the "regular" courses that most people take second semester, and I am choosing courses purely on whether or not they look interesting to me. I am doing this in the hope that I can figure out what interests me in life sooner, so I can take the according classes as soon as I find out. I think this is a solid plan, and I hope it works out. I hope your plan works out as well.

    ReplyDelete