Sunday, September 13, 2009

AHH! This Portrait is actually my Reflection!!

While this is not actually true (The title of this blog) - I thought it was a cool way to tie the two things together....
Okay, I'll be brutally honest: I did not feel I spent enough time in the Gallery to sort of be able to pick an absolute favourite. The flip side of that is that I liked all of the pictures we saw for completely different reasons. I enjoyed seeing the progression of the stylistic features in each of the portraits: Washington's was so dated, and Kennedy's was much more modern and almost abstract. I loved the colour scheme of Kennedy's; it really fit with my palate =]
Would St Augustine like the National Portrait Gallery? probably not - it shows the evolution of the depiction of people, and Augustine wouldn't like it much because it's really only the eternal that matters.
Having said that - the people in the portraits are immortalized and never forgotten (not something Jena would like) . Me personally - I'd quite like to be the Mona Lisa of the 2000s. That way, I'm known by everyone, and am the subject of debate without ever actually giving up my personal identity for the world to see.
Speaking of identity - it came up in my World Politics class but on a much larger scale. I love it when classes intertwine - it makes me feel like I'm actually learning worthwhile things that are applicable in many different areas of life.
Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment