Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Structured Response 9/23

Nowadays, it seems as though every single person who has some miniscule amount of fame is coming out with an autobiography. As much as I enjoy watching Chelsea Lately, is it really necessary for Chelsea Handler to come out with an autobiography entitled My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands? Probably not, but would it be enjoyable to read about the humorous and embarrassing one night stands of another person. Probably.
What makes a person worthy of writing about their life? To some extent, I think that having a unique perspective on life merits writing an autobiography. If someone was able to overcome some problem, chances are someone in the world would like to read about how they did it. At the same time, I find it incredibly annoying that every fame seeking bimbo has to come out with an autobiography. Do both Paris Hilton and her dog need autobiography. I think that is really unnecessary. If you have nothing to teach anyone or you are a dog, you should not waste trees and keep your thoughts to yourself. I believe if a person is writing the genuine, heartfelt story of his or her life and what they have learned, it is okay for them to write an autobiography. Maybe I would not want to read it, but someone in the world probably would, but when it comes to people writing ridiculous things just to maintain or gain fame, I think it is annoying and unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment