Sunday, September 20, 2009

Debra Humphreys talk on Friday was not very interesting. Not that she did not present her topic well, but I was a bit unsure how it applied to me besides the bits of advice she threw in. It was rather boring and it was not a presentation that sparked my interest.
However, I did really enjoy the National Cathedral. The building was amazing. It was probably the prettiest church I ever walked into and the most Christ centered church. The depictions of Jesus' life and the artistic was it was done was amazing I could of looked at everything all day. I thought it was ironic that this was the National "Church" and all the Presidents have their funeral here and that it serves as a NATIONAL landmark in a country where there is suppose to be separation of church and state. It does not really bother me at all, but I had trouble seeing the separation of state. The only separation that was clear was the fact that they do not receive money from the government. It just struck me as interesting. This country was founded on Christian values and it was interesting to see that even through the radical movements over the years and the issues that have arose that the country has not lost its tradition and it still holds to those original values. I just loved the whole experience. It was an amazing building. It was interesting to learn about some prominent figures who were buried there such as Helen Keller. I had no idea that her or Woodrow Wilson were there so that was a interesting thing to see. In all honesty though the amount of graves freaked me out. At first I walked into the church and I was like oh I would want to have my wedding here, but after she named all the people buried in the building I changed my mind. Instead maybe I'll have my funeral there since that seems to be a trend, but first I have to change the world or something like that...obviously that will take some time and thankfully I don't plan on dying anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment