Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I remember...I

Bear with me, this is quite the philosophical question:

Strategic remembrance: things we purposefully remember and bring to the front of the brain.
We humans have a tendancy to forget unpleasant things we have experienced and try our best to focus only what we like; memories we are fond of. This is applied to memories that carry emotion the memory (or what we think is a memory) of love, happiness, all that good stuff.

Thinking inately are applied to things that come naturally to us as humans; things without emotion: remembering how to walk, speaking etc.

I don't know enough about the brain to say whether this is a left/right side of the brain split so I'll look it up.............. okay so the left side of the brain is the mathematical side - in my theory - that would be the side where you remember things that are "human nature" and the right side, the creative side, contains all the emotional memories that we configure and transform to meet our expectations.

So is their a discrepancy? No, because you're using different sides of your brains. The two forms of memory are able to co-exist and are used in completely different situations.

(nb. I have a minimal psychology background therefore I could have either made an amazing discovery or pissed off anyone who has even taken Psych 101...

No comments:

Post a Comment