Friday, September 4, 2009

The closing of the first week of september (and looking foreward to the long weekend!)

Anyone else feel this week rush by faster than ever? I thought it went very fast. I'm so happy it's friday though and I am very much looking foreward to the long weekend - especially because I will see my dad, my grandma and granddad and the new puppies!!! Yayy. It felt good to finish Goffman, although I actually really did find it interesting. It inspired me when I was writing a World Politics essay. That's something I've realized in the past year: the older and more complex subjects I learn about, the more my classes intertwine in discussion topics. I really enjoy this discovery. It makes me feel like I am learning something worthwhile, because it is important in many instances.
Seeing and meeting Dana Walker was interesting. I think if anything I was able to see from her that even when your own dad doesn't believe in you, you can actually do something pretty amazing with your life. Whatever I end up doing in 5, 10, 20 years time, I hope I enjoy each day of it and can get to 50 years old feeling happy with the things I have done. I don't have a grand plan like Dana Walker, I really don't have any specific subject that I love and excel in, but I am sure it will surface, or I'll discover it soon.
Right now - I'll take my time, and day by day figure it all out. I saw Post Grad with some people friday night and it was actually very applicable: this girl had a "grand plan": get good grades, get a scholarship, graduate college, get her dream job at a publishing house. The plot? She didn't get the job! And her love interest in the movie said "You're too busy making your future works out to see what's right in front of you".... or something along those lines.

It's a balancing act between making sure you enjoy life day by day and making sure your whole life works out the way you want. Right now - we're all young, we all make mistakes, we are still figuring out our master plans. We'll discover them, once we've explored our options and in 20 years time, we'll all be reading each others blog posts on how well our lives have worked out!!!!

And now bring on the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment