Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home

This blog was hard for me to do. I did not really bring anything from home with me to school that had special meaning. Some people brought stuff animals, some people brought blankets, and others brought special items that have a meaning to them. I guess I just forgot to bring something. My blanket is my blanket and yes, I have pictures, but they do not create the environment of home to me. It makes my room feel more like a sleep away camp. I looked around my room a few times searching for something that made my room feel more like home and the only item I could come up with was my baseball cap. It is not technically mine. I got it from my friend three days before I left. For me it performs the identity of my friends. I look at it and I think of them. Its home in the sense of all the people I would of brought to college if I could of. When I asked one of my classmates what it made them think of for me, they said that that it meant I was very close to my friends. It was a sign that I was a very friendly person and would make many new friends here. He also said that it served as a connection to my friends while I was away from home. There were not any real differences. We both said the same thing because that is what it is. In no way does this baseball cap recreate my room at home. However, it recreates the aspect of home I miss the most, which are my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment