Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dr. Walker on 9/4/09

I liked the discussion because for the first time (in my case at least) a professor actually opened up to the class in explaining her history. Growing up, I only knew professors as the mystical gurus I'd encounter far in the future. Now, I find myself square in college-land, and it was reassuring to hear from Dr. Walker that though life doesn't end up like we expect it, it can turn into something great. Like pretty much everyone here, I have no idea what I want to do in my life just yet. I'm majoring in IR but I also have interest in journalism, psychology, and crime. What the heck?

She found a passion for writing through a compliment, and took that passion a long way. Now for my own passions, there are so many. I too love writing. And languages, and music, and people, and nature, and movies. There's so many things and I want them all. To settle down seems impossible right now.

It's great that Dr. Walker found her calling, even so late in life. I feel as if I'll have a similar fate, hoping I live long enough that is. All I know so far is that I need to live life without restraint, with ambition and love, with curiosity. I suppose I'll go where the wind takes me and I know in my case it'll definitely be gusty, but I look forward to embracing whatever shore I land upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment