Sunday, November 1, 2009

11.1.09 Reflection

It was a fairly exciting past weekend. The holiday atmosphere, despite it only being for Halloween, created a great flurry of activity and hype. Until entering college I never really realized that Halloween was such a big deal. I also never realized how important costumes are, and that it is common to have have not only one, but multiple. Being males, my roommate and I quite naturally waited last minute to prepare our costumes. We left Friday afternoon for Friendship Heights in order to salvage whatever costumes were available at a Halloween superstore. We arrived and found the store packed. The line was about thirty yards long and moved slow. No costumes really appealed to us, maybe because the length of the line remained in our minds or because there really was a limited selection, so we left with a new idea in mind.

We had reason to suspect there was a TJ Maxx in the area which was undoubtedly true. Brad and I purchased a set of bed sheets, complete with pillow case, sheet, and bed cover. They would be the foundation of our costumes. We returned to AU and began our craftsmanship. Brad cut two eye holes in the sheet: ghost! I drew some musical notes on mine, cut two arm holes and a hole for my head. Voila! Sheet music. Both were rather successful in terms of their reception. We did, however, miss trick or treating at the embassies because of tardiness.

I ended up enjoying a weekend of free burritos, wild costumes, and god times with friends. It was my favorite weekend at AU so far and I hope the trend continues. The festive air definitely seemed to heighten everyone's moods resulting many great times. It was a much needed excellent weekend that will without a doubt result in a successful school week.

No comments:

Post a Comment