Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reflection

I do not really have anything to reflect on this week/weekend. I’m just doing my work, revising my ethnography and enjoying the weekend. After Wednesday’s lab, I decided that I am a visual learner. I read Antigone for the first time this year, and while I understood it – it helped a lot to see some scenes acted out. There is something about seeing normal people speaking the words that helps everything click together better. I did comprehend everything I read, but with the writing style of Antigone causes me to have to re read lines in order to capture the full impact of what is being said. I really enjoyed Wednesday lab – it was enjoyable to get a taste of the acting department, though I can pretty much guarantee that I will never take an acting class or participate in anything acting wise. I thought it was interesting to bring Explorations into this acting environment. While watching my classmates, I really saw how some people were very comfortable and others were a little apprehensive about the possibility of participating. Thankfully, we only have to recite a few chorus lines as a group!

No comments:

Post a Comment