Sunday, November 8, 2009

11.8.09 Reflection

Time has been flying along here at American. It is incredibly difficult to believe that we have been here almost three months. It is also hard to believe that the end of the semester is approaching and it is now time to pick classes for the second semester.

The scheduling of second semester classes has been looming for awhile now, and, surprise surprise, until last week I have not given it too much thought. My goal, however, is to have a schedule very different from my first semester. Like pretty much all other freshmen, it was rather difficult to have a very personalized schedule. My goal is pick classes that truly interest me, which I suppose is the goal of any student. But this is a big deal. I wasn't entirely happy with my courses this semester, to say the least, and I really want this second semester to be great. Unfortunately, I will most likely take math. I plan on dropping French and with the conclusion of UC: Explorations I will have much more room to test the waters of different classes. I plan on taking a phys ed class because I have become a bit too lethargic. I also want to explore some anthropology, psychology, sociology, and creative arts classes. Basically, I want to diversify as much as possible. I want this semester to be as successful as it can be, and I think through taking a great variety of interesting classes this can be accomplished.

Also, I had a rather uneventful weekend. I did a fair amount of work and hung out with some friends, but nothing too out of the ordinary. It's nice to have a very relaxing weekend every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment