Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bonus Question

In my opinion I believe that they values of the American Indian are expressed in the National Museum. While it may be a reformed view or even a censored representation of their values, their ideals and traditions are still represented within the museum. Everything about their culture is represented in a respectful nature and I'm sure in an approved setting. You walk around and the entire building is set up in such a way that their culture is continuously expressed and their values are shown through the displays and other exhibits. While clearly it is a reformed view, because of time and the fact that it is a "National" museum, so things are probably not as raw as some Native Americans may want it, there is a good representation given. Remembrance is a key part of the museums layout and how the artifacts are presented. When you walk in, it is clear that it is a place to remember and acknowledge a race of people. The artifacts are very spread out. It is not an overcrowded museum and everything is very, almost, sacred. The artifacts are in drawers or in cases and everything is very professional, even more so than other museums. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but as soon as I walked in, I knew I walked into an place, that needed to be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment