Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reflection

I have to say, it was really nice to be home. To have my mom cook me food that actually tasted something and the be able to go sleep in my bed was amazing! It was weird, though. It is almost as though time stopped at home. When I got home, other than the fact that we got a dog that no one told me about (he's so cute, but his name is Nelson which is kind of a drawback), everything was the same. I found myself wondering when I would be going back to school and not thinking about my classes here, but thinking about my high school. It was a very strange situation. I fell back into my old routines with my little brothers and my sister.
I guess that is one of the things about family. No matter how annoying they may be, and no matter how many times I think that I never want to see them again, they are people who you can be completely comfortable with. I don't have to keep a front up around them or act like someone else. I can act however I want to and I can be completely sure that, even though they probably don't like me a lot of the time, my family loves me and will always be there for me. I guess that is what I learned during this break. No matter how many things change in my life, I can always go home and do the same old stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Do you feel like you have to put up a front around me? haahh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in a way I do. It is just different. I do not feel like I am always acting around you, and of course, because we live together, you do see my true self. At the same time, I cannot be a complete jerk to you all the time and expect you to still like me. As bad as it sounds, I can do that with my family. I guess what I am trying to say is that with family you are naturally let into the backstage. Friends, on the other hand, have to work their way up to a comfort level at which they can completely be themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just jesting, Jena...err Belle. I know what you mean. Probably the person I am the biggest jerk to is my mom, because I know she'll still like me...she has to. Whether or not that's fair to her, she's always going to see my backstage. It makes perfect sense about working up to that comfort level with friends...that's how it is for me too.

    ReplyDelete