Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reflection 11.29.2009

Thanksgiving was a much needed break!!!! No school, family, food, and fun. It was a great break. I actually stayed here for thanksgiving because my uncle lives in dc. I went over to his house for the weekend and enjoyed the time with my family. On Friday, my uncle rented a bus for the entire family to go see the monuments. It was very cool to see all the monuments back to back. I’ve been to most of them before, but it was fun to go with my grandparents who remembered most of the events that the monuments were depicting. It was interesting to hear them reflect and recall moments about their childhood and young adult years. For my little cousins we stopped by the White House, since that was the only building they knew about and cared to see. It was actually my first time to the White House, I have driven by it before, but it was my first time actually walking up to the front gate and actually getting a good view. It was actually perfect timing, because the White House Christmas tree was being delivered. It was pulled up to the front door by a house drawn carriage, it was so pretty, like a timeless picture. The man in the carriage was wearing a top hat, so it was very cool thing to see. It was a lovely time with my cousins and other family members. The Christmas Tree being delivered reminded me of how soon the semester is going to be over. It is amazing to think that I have already finished one half of my freshman year. I can’t believe it! It has gone by so fast, and I have had such a great time, but honestly I cannot wait to finish the semester and go home for a whole month!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment