Sunday, October 4, 2009

10.4.09 Who the heck am I?

I'm an INFP. Introversion. Intuition. Feeling. Perceiving. Andrew "The Man" Williamson. All in one package. Im just kidding. People don't actually call me "The Man." But after taking the Myers-Briggs type indicator that's honestly what I feel like. I was amazed with the test. The results were close to spot on in describing my kind of personality, the way I'm programmed, me. Perhaps the most important item I received from the test was that the results confirmed things I truly wanted to hear. Perhaps it means nothing. Regardless, the test got me thinking.

I don't talk about myself, my feelings, my personality very often. This is too true in many people's lives. As such, I greatly enjoyed the exercise. I talked about myself through questions on the exam, and in response I received pages discussing me. And it was refreshing. Perhaps the reason why I don't really open up to many people is because I don't think there's enough people to listen, to really sit down and let me talk about me. It's eerie in a way, but in this anonymous setting it seems is almost the easiest way to talk.

I find security in being identified. According to Myers-Briggs I'm in one of sixteen categories. Whether you like personality tests or not, it really is comforting to know you fit in somewhere. My former potential career choices came back in the results of what professions IMFPs take like psychologist, jornalist, writer, poet, editor, musician. These passions which lay somewhat dormant in my current career path rumble a little now. I've been questioning what I really want to do in this thing called life and I found motivation to reconsider the potential of my past passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment