Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sir Anthony Hopkins, serial killer!?

So last night me and a bunch of people were watching The Silence of the Lambs. It was the first time I had seen it and a really enjoyed it, I thought it was so interesting with just the psychology of it (despite the fact that I refused to look at some of the gorier bits).
At the end of the movie, I kept thinking about how strange it must be to portray a character like that...like you would have to be in such a different mind set as an actor while playing Dr Hector.
And the scariest thing to me was that being in such a mind set - and not being able to get out of it - was a major reason that Heath Ledger died.
No, I'm not one of those peoples obsessed with celebrity deaths, but there obviously needs to be a disclaimer on being an actor "Caution: May cause death if taken too seriously" or something. So I guess my question is: when you have put on the "front" of being a psycho serial killer, how easy is it to come back from that?
Anyway so that was what I got out of that movie - very interesting movie.
And Halloween!! everyone is dressing up in ways they would never normally think about dressing - what would Goffman think of that!!!

Happy Halloween to one and all!

p.s. depending on when your last final is there is only 42 days left of this semester!! and that's including holidays and weekends!! ahhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment