Saturday, October 24, 2009

rain rain go away!

This weather is not too fun -- anywho. I very much enjoyed President Kerwin coming to talk to us. It really seems as though he cares about the fate of this school, and that is how you want a President to feel....and I previously had no idea about how much he had to improve the school's perception. Yes, his words may be diliberate, but I found him to seem genuine and personable.
I guess what the question is - when you put on a front, or are striving to uphold a certain status, is that still part of you?
And yes, of course it is. It's just a different side of you. With all these adults on campus, I'm having to be a little more careful with my manners and such - and that isn't changing who I am, it's just making sure I'm putting my best foot forward ... I'm doing my own part to uphold the expectations of attending University.
Very important side note....something NEEDS to be done about the heat in the building - I die daily 24/7 like I am right now... and the muggy weather outside...give me a break!
Anyway, all these parents on campus throw me off, with their inability to navigate TDR and the clogging of the shuttle ... perhaps if my own parents were here it wouldn't seem so annoying...I would just be another undergrad who's parents are visiting (and taking me out to yummy meals!)
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful parents weekend despite the weather

No comments:

Post a Comment